At Wise Publishing
Our goal is to help people get ahead — and that goes for both our readers and our employees. We believe that by supporting each other, and listening to everyone's ideas, we can all grow faster. So we strive to be open and agile, and we refuse to stifle creativity with a stuffy environment or tons of overtime. If that makes sense to you, drop us a line.Perks of Working at Wise Publishing
Personal Finance Staff Reporter
About The Role
Wise Publishing is a digital publisher of personal finance advice and information aimed at helping people in the U.S. and Canada make sense of finance. We're a group of talented, passionate people who believe that consumers deserve the best possible information to help them make smart choices.
Our core product is MoneyWise, our widely read, high-quality personal finance brand which serves the U.S. (MoneyWise.com) and Canada (MoneyWise.ca) and reaches over 10 million people each month.
MoneyWise.com is a growing digital publication looking to expand our team with a standout personal finance reporter.
We need a determined and dependable journalist who can tackle complex information in a range of fields — including homebuying, loans, investing, employment and more — then distill that information into clear and engaging stories focused on the consumer’s bottom line.
Our ideal candidate is motivated, with a knack for discovering and highlighting interesting trends for our readers. Knowledge of one or more financial topics is an asset.
Since our readers trust our reporting to inform major financial decisions, accuracy and critical thinking are paramount. The personal finance reporter will be expected to scrutinize their sources, challenge assumptions and carefully weigh the impact of their insights.
The reporter will work directly with one or more editors, though an ideal candidate will be able to handle challenging subjects without heavy oversight.
- Stay up to date on newsworthy events and trends.
- Collect, verify and analyze information through online research and interviews.
- Write stories that are rich and professional in content yet friendly and conversational in style.
- Source and select engaging photos that will catch and keep a reader’s attention.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Good instincts for story flow and content organization.
- Ability to research complicated topics and frame in a simple way.
- Willingness to learn, collaborate, cooperate and develop skills on an ongoing basis.
- Experience writing about personal finance topics.
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- Familiarity with SEO strategies.
- Flexibility to pivot quickly with the shifting news and priority projects for the organization.
- An interest in multimedia projects (video, podcasting, etc.)
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a brief cover letter.
Wise Publishing is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical and/or mental handicap or financial ability.
Wise Publishing, Inc welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Perks of Working at Wise Publishing
Health & Lifestyle Benefits
Spending card for expansive health coverage, wellness program plus hybrid work environment allowing for flexibility.
Team Outings & Events
Quarterly outings (sporting events, parks, lakes, museums, tours, etc) fostering fun, teamwork, industry insights and creativity.
Learning & Development
Leadership foundations, self-awareness development programs, plus education funding and Lunch & Learn events.
Snacks, espresso bar and catered lunches; outdoor patio, and plenty of lunch options a short walk away.
Casual, Collaborative Office
Casual dress, inviting sofas, small group chat areas, a roomy board room — all in a bright environment.
Flexible work schedules and higher than average personal time off.